This mass is the weekly mass offered for benefactors of the cathedral.
Pupils both current and past, staff, governors, parents and friends of St Edward’s College come together to celebrate the feast of their patron near to his feast day.
The college was founded as the Catholic Institute in 1853 by Mgr James Nugent in Hope Street, near to the cathedral. In 1937 the school moved to its present campus in Sandfield Park, West Derby. There are over 1100 pupils and the school is the cathedral’s choir school.